In this day and age of hyper-competitive recruiting, ping pong tables and free snacks can’t stand alone as a substitute for having actual company culture. That doesn’t mean that perks and benefits can’t add value though! These companies have taken the idea of employee appreciation from being a once a year holiday, to being a cornerstone of their business. And some of them really got creative while doing it.
- Adobe will match time employees spend volunteering as well as donations up to $10,000 a year.
- They also have an impressive family care program that includes the option to set aside $5,000 pre-tax for child care or elder care expenses.
- Adobe wants you to continue your education while you’re there. They offer $10,000 a year for costs related to continuing education.
- Airbnb is all about adventure and accommodations, so it’s not shocking that they have a generous PTO policy. It even includes two weeks off during the holidays.
- They also offer ample time off to new parents with their impressive parental leave program.
- Healthcare can become expensive pretty quickly, even with employer provided insurance. But not at Airbnb. There are zero out of pocket costs related to healthcare for employees.
- Airbnb also provides paid time to go volunteer and spread kindness.
- Last but not least is their annual travel credit of $2k per employee. They are Airbnb after all.
- Apple doesn’t just have an exciting new campus where employees struggle not to walk into the glass walls. They also offer generous parental leave, as well as reimbursement for the cost of freezing eggs.
- There’s even a steep discount on devices to ensure that employees and their loved ones are able to get their hands on the latest and greatest tech.
- And let’s not forget their famous Beer Bash Events that feature impressive celebrity entertainment.
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- For an organization so focused on having a positive impact in the world it’s no surprise their parental leave policy is generous. They offer up to a full year paid leave.
- They also want their employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance, and offer unlimited PTO to make it happen.
- Speaking of healthy, let’s not forget about their impressive on-site employee fitness center that includes personal training at no charge.
- Bloomberg provides extensive continuing education opportunities to its employees, including classes with a focus on skills to help advance their career.
- They offer discounts to hundreds of cultural institutions and museums for their employees as well.
- They round it all out with a generous health and wellness program, and a reliable retirement savings match.
- Capital One provides employees with generous parental leave. They also go above and beyond by offering reimbursement for adoption fees and surrogacy costs.
- One of their more unique offerings is a 401k contribution by the company without any required employee contribution!
- And to ensure their employees are staying physically fit to match their financial status, they offer on-site gym access at their office locations.
- Expedia apparently really wanted to ensure their employees got to enjoy the perks of working for such a travel-minded company. Employees enjoy steep discounts on flights, hotels, and rental cars.
- They also make sure to provide ample vacation time so employees can make the most of those travel discounts.
- And it would be awfully difficult to travel if their employees weren’t in good health—maybe that’s why they’re so focused on employee health. They offer education programs and resources on staying healthy and travel ready.
- Facebook’s parental leave policy is quite generous, offering 16 weeks off to both parents. They will also reimburse the cost of freezing eggs, or adoption fees.
- They build on these options by offering $4,000 baby cash to help with newborns.
- And let’s not forget their headquarters that is simply full of too many daily perks to list.
Yes we’re shamelessly plugging ourselves here. But it’s because we really do offer an impressive perks and benefits package to go along with our focus on culture and employee appreciation! Oh, and did I mention that we’re hiring?
- There is a gym membership reimbursement of $100/month, and commuter reimbursement of $150/month.
- Unlimited PTO to ensure employees are maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Our employee continuing education program covers the cost of conferences and classes. (Apparently they want us to stay on top of our game.)
- And since no one can focus on work during the holidays anyways, Christmas through New Years is paid time off!
- Google really loves when their employees are happy at work. So they encourage employees to bring their pets with to the office.
- They are also well known for providing free food and drinks, as well as a myriad of other daily perks while at work.
- These other daily perks include various services that take care of your needs right at the office, including everything from passport services to haircuts and laundry.
- And for when you need a break from the office, they offer generous parental leave and PTO.
- HubSpot really sets themselves apart with a focus on the financial future of their employees. They offer a 12% match on retirement contributions.
- They also make sure employees are enjoying life now with their generous parental leave and unlimited PTO.
- Some companies like to brag when they provide employees with a credit for Uber or the train. SAP takes it a step further though by providing employees with electric company cars to drive.
- They also offer an award winning program for buying company stock, ensuring a vested interest in the success of the company.
- And while you’re away from the office they want you to rest easy knowing that anything that may go wrong is covered by company provided travel insurance.
- SAS Software has decided to have their largest benefit be a very visible one. It takes the form of an impressive 900 acre campus full of amenities and daily perks.
- They have a serious focus on health and fitness as well. This includes utilizing some of those 900 acres for organized sports and a 73,000 square foot fitness center.
- Square wants their employees well fed. As evidenced by their free freshly made breakfast, lunch, and dinner offered to employees daily.
- Their parental leave policies are generous as well and are offered equally to both fathers and mothers.
- Along with the free food, Square offers other on-site perks including massages and yoga.
- United Airlines offers employees discounted airline tickets as well as unlimited standby travel. They must really want them to know their product well.
- It simply wouldn’t make sense to not match those free travel perks with a generous PTO offering. Good thing United thought of this and ensured employees have the time they will need to travel.
- And if things are going well for United, they’re going well for their employees as well. They offer a profit sharing bonus to ensure everyone is keeping the numbers in mind from time to time.
If this list left you feeling a little under-appreciated at work, it may be time for a change. Check your fit to the companies we mentioned using the Good&Co app!
Does your company have killer perks? Tell us about ’em in the comments below!